Extreme weather is upon us, and can cause extended power outages during the winter months. It’s a good idea to invest in a standby generator to ensure you are prepared during a power outage.
When a power outage occurs, a standby generator turns on automatically and delivers backup power to your home. The generator is fueled by natural gas or propane and is wired into your home’s electrical panel. The generator is installed permanently beside your home and provides uninterrupted backup power for days at a time. The generator continues to run until the utility power returns.
Without backup power, you could lose the following:
- Communication: Internet, cell phone chargers, TV
- Climate Control: Loss of heating and/or air conditioning
- Property Damage: Loss of sump pump & operation of maintenance tools
- Personal Hygiene: Unable to bathe or wash clothes
- Fridge/Freezer: Food spoilage
- Safety: Loss of indoor or outdoor lighting which can leave property vulnerable for theft
- Monetary Loss: Hotel expenses, dining out, property damage & unexpected expenses
REASONS TO LOVE A STANDBY GENERATOR
Fast, automatic delivery of emergency power after power line failure
Maintains the same comfort level, whether you are at home or at work
Provides a permanent solution
*Don’t forget to have your generator serviced annually to ensure everything is working properly for when you really need it.